How to Make Butterfly Rice Krispy Treats
Rice Krispy Treats are a simple and delicious treat that can be made year round. The treat is easy to make and sell at bakesales, for school celebrations, or for parties. The following will provide simple steps for decorating the treats for a spring-time celebration.
What You Will Need
- 6 Cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies brand cereal
- 10 oz Package Jet-Puffed Marshmallows (about 40 large ones)
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter or Margarine
- Spring Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Pam Nonstick Spray
- Measuring cup
- Mixing bowl
- Spring Colored Sprinkles or Sugar
Making The Rice Krispy Treats
Step 1: Melt butter and marshmallows on high for 2 minutes in a microwaveable mixing bowl.
NOTE: Using the large marshmallows makes sticker treats than using the mini marshmallows.
Step 2: Stir to combine marshmallows and butter.
Step 3: Heat additional 30 seconds if necessary.
NOTE: Do not over heat the marshmallows and butter or the treats will be hard and crunchy.
Step 4: Add in 6 Cups of Rice Krispies to the butter mixture and stir to coat all of the cereal.
Step 5: Spray the cookie cutter with Pam.
Step 6: Fill the cookie cutter with the mixture and remove from cookie cutter.
Step 7: Sprinkle colored sugar on plate and dip the treat in the colored sugar to coat one side of the treat.
Step 8: Place the treat sugar side up on a tray to cool.
Step 9: Repeat the process quickly with the rest of the mixture.
NOTE: The process of filling the cookie cutter will need to be accomplished quickly to prevent the mixture from cooling off too much. If it does cool off then reheat for about 10 seconds to soften.
This process can be used anytime of the year. Simply find a cookie cutter that represents the season and shape the Rice Krispy treats, dip them in sugar, and enjoy! Pumpkins can be dipped in orange sugar, Christmas Trees in green, and hearts in red, pink, and purple. You can add accents to the treats using confectioner icing, chocolate chips, or small hard candy.
Do you have any creative suggestions for decorating a Rice Krispy treat? Feel free to share your ideas with our readers.
- Cuisinart Webstore offers hundreds of different products from food processors to coffee makers, countertop grills, waffle makers, cookware and bakeware.
- Cooking.com offers thousands of products from every major kitchen brand and hard to find items in cookware, cutlery, bakeware and small appliances.
- MetroKitchen sells the world's best manufacturers of cookware, cutlery and kitchen accessories.