How to Make Chocolate Covered Bananas
Bananas are the world’s most popular fruit. What better way to eat one than frozen and covered in chocolate? To add special enjoyment to any occasion you can serve frozen chocolate covered bananas. The following demonstrates how you can make this for Halloween, but you can simply change the types of sprinkles and use this as a treat any time of the year.
What You Will Need
- 4 Peeled Bananas
- 8-10 Popsicle Sticks
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Cooking pan or double boiler
- Mixing Spoon
- Foil or wax paper
- Pie Plate
- Festive Sprinkles, Nuts, or other small candies
Making Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
Step 1: Peel the bananas and break into small parts about 3 inches long.
Step 2: Place a Popsicle stick in one end of each banana piece
Step 3: Cover tray with foil and place bananas on the tray.
Step 4: Freeze the plain bananas for at least 10 min or more.
Step 5: Melt the chocolate chips and oil over medium heat stirring constantly until smooth.
Step 6: Remove bananas from freezer.
Step 7: Dip each banana in the hot chocolate.
NOTE: If your pan isn’t deep enough to dip, you can simply spoon the chocolate over the bananas coating all sides.
Step 8: Pour a small amount of festive sprinkles, Halloween in this example, in a pie dish.
Step 9: Roll the chocolate covered banana in the sprinkles.
Step 10: Place on the tray with the rest of the chocolate covered bananas and refreeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
This treat is ready to eat and is a healthier choice than most ice cream bars. Your kids will enjoy the rich chocolate and festive sprinkles on this after-school snack or as a party treat. Enjoy!
- Cuisinart Webstore offers hundreds of different products from food processors to coffee makers, countertop grills, waffle makers, cookware and bakeware.
- Cooking.com offers thousands of products from every major kitchen brand and hard to find items in cookware, cutlery, bakeware and small appliances.
- MetroKitchen sells the world's best manufacturers of cookware, cutlery and kitchen accessories.