How to Make Pumpkin JELL-O Jigglers
Using JELL-O® gelatin to make a cool Halloween treat is easy and relatively inexpensive. The following will give you directions and tips for making pumpkin shaped Jigglers® for Halloween. This is great for class parties, Halloween parties, or an after trick-or-treat snack.
What You Will Need
- 2-8 serving packages of Orange JELL-O Gelatin (the big boxes or four small boxes)
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water (do not use cold water)
- 1 tube Black Decorating Gel
- Pumpkin Shaped Cookie Cutters
- Metal Spatula
- Serving Plate
How to Make Pumpkin JELL-O® Jigglers®
Step 1: Following the directions on the box of JELL-O®, boil the water. This takes approximately 6 minutes in a microwave oven using a microwave safe bowl.
Step 2: Empty the contents of the JELL-O packages into a 9″x13″ cake pan.
Step 3: Carefully pour the boiling water over the powder.
NOTE: The package directions say to mix in a bowl and pour into the cake pan. I find it easier to only pour the boiling water one time directly into the cake pan.
Step 4: Use a large mixing spoon to stir the powder and water to help dissolve the gelatin.
Step 5: Once all the gelatin is dissolved (the color turns from cloudy to clear), carefully place the pan in the refrigerator and allow the mixture to cool for 3 hours.
Step 6: Remove the pan from the refrigerator and place bottom of pan in warm water to release the Jigglers from the pan.
Step 7: Remove the JELL-O pan from the water and begin cutting out pumpkins.
Step 8: Scoop up the pumpkins and remove the excess JELL-O. Place each pumpkin on the serving plate.
Step 9: Use the black decorating gel to create jack-o-lantern faces on each Jiggler.
Variation: Black Cherry JELL-O or other dark flavors can be used as bats, cats, or witches.
This is a simple idea to make a great treat your family will love to enjoy during Halloween. Simply store any leftover Jigglers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Happy Halloween!
- Cuisinart Webstore offers hundreds of different products from food processors to coffee makers, countertop grills, waffle makers, cookware and bakeware.
- Cooking.com offers thousands of products from every major kitchen brand and hard to find items in cookware, cutlery, bakeware and small appliances.
- MetroKitchen sells the world's best manufacturers of cookware, cutlery and kitchen accessories.