How to Plan an Exciting Trip to Myrtle Beach, SC
Finding new places to explore or trusting a familiar one can be a large factor on deciding where to take your next vacation. A family favorite destination on the east coast is Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Like many popular vacation destinations amusements and attractions crowd out the natural beauty of the area, but in Myrtle Beach stepping out on the sand takes you away from the bustling street and the beauty of the ocean takes over. The following will provide a few tips on taking a Myrtle Beach vacation. Feel free to post your favorites from restaurants to hangouts or local cultural events.
What to do in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Going to the beach and soaking up the rays is by far the best reason to visit Myrtle Beach. Many people will do nothing more than enjoy the ocean while in the area although there are many adventures waiting on you during your trip. Sporting events, amusement parks, nature trails, fishing, and swimming are just a few of the fun things to do.
Attractions and Entertainment
- Wheels of Yesteryear
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum
- Ripley’s Aquarium
- Family Kingdom Amusement Park
- NASCAR Speedpark
- SkyWheel Myrtle Beach
- Murrells Inlet
- Carolina Opry Show
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Baseball
- Myrtle Beach Family Golf
- Myrtle Waves Water Park
- Hiking (Myrtle Beach State Park, Huntington Beach State Park)
- Pier Fishing (2nd Ave Pier, Myrtle Beach State Park)
- Adventure Cruises
- Dolphin Watch Tours
- Banana Boat Express Rides
- Parasail Express
- Bike Trails
- Brookgreen Gardens
- LuLu’s Cafe
- SoHo Cafe & Bar
- Sea Captains House Restaurant
- Crabby Mike’s Calabash Seafood Buffet
- Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant and Buffet
- Giant Crab Seafood Restaurant
- Drunken Jack’s Restaurant (Murrells Inlet)
- Nance’s Creekfront Restaurant (Murrells Inlet)
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Planet Hollywood
Other Food Options
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Taco Bell
Taking the time to vacation is a luxury, but the pricing and available hotels at Myrtle Beach, SC make this vacation spot affordable and fun. Many locations offer beach front views with balconies, while other locations offer easy access to specific locations throughout the city. Nearly every hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool and some even have lazy rivers or themed water play areas to attract visitors and entice them to stay. Here are a few local places you can consider for lodging. Many of the area’s resorts offer timeshare options making your stay even more affordable.
- Breakers Resort Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Oceanfront Resort
- Holiday Inn “At the Pavilion”
- Sands Resorts
- SeaGlass Tower (Bluegree Corporation)
- Embassy Suites
- Palmetto Shores
- Schooner II Beach & Racquet Club Hotel
Spending time at the beach, at local attractions, or simply relaxing pool side will make your Myrtle Beach vacation one to remember.
What is your favorite place to stay, event to see, or place to eat when visiting Myrtle Beach? Feel free to post comments and vacation ideas.
- Otel.com is a leading online travel distributor specializing in discounted hotel bookings for both business and leisure travelers.
- Hotels.com offers more than 85,000 properties worldwide in over 400 destinations - from hotels and B&B's to condos and all inclusive resorts.
- Hotwire is a leading discount travel site that delivers hotel, rental car and airfare deals that can't be found on other travel sites.
- Expedia is a leading online travel agency that offers airline tickets, hotels, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages, and travel activities.
- Priceline offers travel discounts on hotels, airline tickets, car rentals, vacation packages, and more with regular promotional discounts.