How to Shop for Last Minute Christmas Gifts
If you aren’t finished with your Christmas shopping by the 21st of December, you’re not alone. Many people wait until the last few days before Christmas to find the perfect gift and even then it seems nearly impossible. Here are a few ideas that will keep you out of the mall and still with the perfect gift to give.
Gift Giving Made Easy
Here are 7 ideas for last minute gifts.
1. Entertainment Book
- Giving an entertainment book to someone for Christmas can help them reduce cost on many activities throughout the year.
2. Annual Zoo Membership
- Giving a zoo or botanical garden membership will provide a family with valuable hours of enjoyment throughout the coming years. You can order the membership on-line and have it mailed directly to the recipients.
- Although many people put away the chocolates and sweets after the new year, this is a gift that can provide the one last indulgence before a new diet or lifestyle change is put into motion.
4. Home Depot Gift Card
- Buying a Home Depot gift card may seem a little unexciting, but if you know a newlywed couple, someone just buying a house, or a handyman then it can be an exciting gift for the New Year. Tools, project supplies, and lighting are just a few examples of what they could purchase with a gift card.
5. Tours and Attractions
- If you are looking for the special gift for someone close to you then you could plan a vacation and leave it under the tree (in a note or with a special symbol of the trip such as suntan lotion or perhaps a new swimsuit).
6. Prepaid MasterCard
- This card works like a gift card, but can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted. This is a great last minute gift for the really-hard-to-shop-for person in your life. Let them have the freedom to choose the item they want or need.
7. Fads or Small Gifts
- Fads are an ideal gift because they can be easy to find and quick to purchase. Right now Silly Bandz are the perfect gift for a last minute purchase. You can buy them on line and have them delivered (great choice if you will be traveling–simply have them mailed to your destination) or you can buy them at Walgreens or Meijer. Look for free express shipping from the websites.
Finding the right gift can be a challenge. Avoiding the long lines, heavy traffic, and the stress of buyers regret through purchasing a gift on-line may help you to enjoy the holidays a little more. Merry Christmas!
What are your last minute gift ideas? What is the latest gift you have purchased for someone in the past? Feel free to post a comment for our readers. We would love to hear from you.